Pantelis Asvestas got his Diploma in Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens and the title of Doctor in Engineering from the same Department on medical image processing. On 2008, he has been appointed in the Department of Medical Instruments Technology of the Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece while today he is Associate Professor at in the Department of Biomedical Engineering of the University of West Attica, Greece. His research interests cover the following fields:
– Classification of biosignals and medical images using artificial intelligence.
– Image processing.
– Registration and fusion of medical data.
– 3D visualization of medical data.
– Real time video processing.
– Fractal analysis of images.
He has 47 papers in international scientific journals and 49 scientific publications in book chapters, proceedings of international or national congresses and national scientific magazines.